Tuesday 20 September 2011

Fur Versus Wool: Battle of the Natural Fibres

So Autumn is upon us and the nights are getting darker and colder. The silver lining is that we can unwrap all our cosy wool and fur that's been hibernating all summer, safely hidden away from demon moths.

I thought I'd compare two Vogue editorials to get myself into the winter mood.
'Sweater Girl' from the US edition with knitwear modelled by Lara Stone. The other is a Vogue Russia shoot from November 2010 called 'Golden Fur'.

Click here and here for images

I don't know if this is the fairest competition as Lara Stone is a beacon of Mad Men-era respectability and the fur shoot is plainly just about the sex.
I think we need both in our lives though. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. great pictures! Can´t wait for some chilly weather to wear all those knitted jumpers.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete